What happens when three of the most satirically endowed actors join ranks to create one bombshell of a gut buster with an original twist -- Will Ferrell
, John C. Reilly
and Sacha Baron Cohen
? You get: “Talladega Nights
: The Legend of Ricky Bobby
.” Will Ferrell has seen numerous, and semi-similar, acting roles due to his unique deliver and his zeal for making crowds of packed movie theaters laugh so hard that they nearly choke on their popcorn. When you merge this with Reilly and Cohen, in this blogger’s humble opinion, you nearly get the best of three worlds.
The keynote here is to always remember to “Shake ‘n’ Bake” people! When Ricky Bobby, a come-from-nowhere NASCAR
driver who climbs to the number one spot, and nearly overnight, works together with his buddy, Cal Naughton, Jr, who helps Ricky win races by creating their infamous “Shake ‘n’ Bake” move, which allows Bobby to use drag drifts to pass up a lead car, they quickly ascend to the sport’s upper echelon of superstardom.
That is, of course, until Jr gets tired of always being in second place. Simultaneously, along comes a snide and smug French Formula One Driver (Cohen), who threatens to take all of their hard work away from them by defeating Bobby. You have to see the movie to learn more, as we don’t aim to ruin it for any of you that have not had the pleasure of learning about the “Legend of Ricky Bobby.”
It’s time to rehash some favorite lines from the movie with our top five quotes – which should serve to stir up a chuckle or two in you and brighten your afternoon.
1. Ricky: "I've sent in my application to the Real World. So I'm hoping to hear back from that. I'm putting A LOT of my eggs into that basket, the MTV
basket. I'm also thinking about getting a gun, and dealing crack. Being a crack dealer. Not like a mean crack dealer, but like, like a nice one. Kinda friendly like, 'Hey, what's up guys? Want some crack?' I'm just waiting on those two things to flesh themselves out."
2. Ricky praying at dinner: "Dear Lord baby Jesus, I want to thank you for this wonderful meal, my two beautiful sons, Walker and Texas Ranger, and my red-hot smokin' wife, Carley."
3. Cal Naughton Jr.: "I like to picture Jesus in a tuxedo t-shirt because it says I want to be formal, but I'm here to party."
4. Cal Naughton Jr.: "I like to picture Jesus as a figure skater. He wears like a white outfit, and He does interpretive ice dances of my life's journey."
5. Cal Naughton Jr.: "I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagle's wings, and singing lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!"
Get Your Shake ‘n’ Bake on for the world to see with our Talladega Nights T-Shirts
that lets everyone know that you are not going to settle for second place, ever! Until next time, and of course, purposely trying to sound redundant here: Shake ‘n’ Bake people!